Saturday, July 5, 2008

Life Goes On

Hello everyone! I am a student at Brigham Young University-Idaho studying Early Childhood Special Education. I love it in Rexburg and I absolutely LOVE being around children with disabilities. I remember many times when I was younger being "exposed" to these special children and thanks to the great example of my mom I never feared them. One of my first memories of encountering a disabled child was actually on T.V. Did any of you watch the series called, "Life Goes On" with Corky, the one with Down Syndrome? I loved it and we watched it every Sunday as a family. What good memories. There are more and more movies and T.V. shows now a days that feature those who have disabilities, such as "I Am Sam," and "Radio." If you haven't seen these movies I would suggest that you do and try to learn more about disabilities and notice the abilities that they have!
This blog will be updated as I continue to research, learn more and more from my wonderful professors and as I feel it necessary. I hope that you find this blog educational and helpful regarding those with disabilities. It will be focused mainly on Down Syndrome and making you aware of their abilities, rather than their disabilities. Happy learning!

No comments: